Every year, the Monsoon season brings joy and prosperity in different spheres of life. Without a doubt, it is a highly awaited and one of the most beautiful seasons of the year. It brings along travel, food and many adventures in your day-to-day life.
Along with the perks of ‘Tea’ and ‘Snacks’, monsoon season is the peak timing for many devilish diseases like viral fever, dengue, jaundice, malaria and many more. We need to keep ourselves safe from the carriers of some diseases and simultaneously, keep our health and food intake in check.
Food plays a major role in determining our health in the monsoon season. Simple, safe, fresh and balanced meals are recommended during the monsoon season. Consuming food items mentioned in the list below can lead you to several risks of stomach infections, diarrhoea, typhoid, pneumonia, etc.
Read the article till the end to learn about the 5 food items to refrain from during monsoon season.
- Seafood– Seafood is the last of all the foods that you can resort to during the rainy season. It is unsafe and unhealthy because there is a higher chance related to risks of waterborne diseases and food poisoning. This season is the least ideal of all to savour seafood.
- Fizzy drinks– Fizzy drinks are not recommended at all in any season. Freshly prepared juice is more effective and tastier than fizzy drinks. You can prepare quick homemade liquids for the go like- lemon juice, orange juice, jal jeera, and even beverages like tea and coffee to refrain from consuming unhealthy roadside drinks. Do not forget to wash the fruits properly.
- Mushrooms– The soil is the sole abode of the mushrooms which, at times, is found to be dirty and unhealthy. Therefore, it is advised to our readers to clean the mushroom properly before consuming it to prevent bacterial infection caused in the monsoon season.
- Fried Food– Roadside stalls have always tempted us with their delicious and irresistible fried food. But it is a big ‘no’ to indulge in it during the monsoon season. Consuming this type of food in excess can cause serious issues in the digestive system or simply leave you bloated and lazy for the day.
- Leafy green vegetables– Leafy greens are considered the most helpful and healthiest vegetables of all. During the monsoon season, it is the least recommended eating these because of the nature of the cruciferous plants which act as a breeding ground for germs. We advise you to rinse and boil the veggies properly and it is best to avoid them in this season.
As mentioned already, many insects come out and breed during the rainy season. We advise our readers not to indulge in any of the above mentioned food items.
We request our readers to abide by the Covid-19 guidelines and keep their health in check during this season. Happy Monsoon!