Whether it’s damage, dryness, frizz, or fading, we all have hair issues. The shift in seasons, indoor heat, outdoor elements, and hair products are only some of the accused that can cause these changes. You can head straight to your kitchen for everyday ingredients that you can beat into a DIY hair mask to fix your fringe.
Below, we’ve organized the best 4 DIY masks for all of your hair distresses, from an irritated scalp to dull hair, to dryness:
- Honey, egg and apple cider vinegar: Dry hair is quickly hydrated by this product here that provides shine and nourishes without measuring down strands. Combine one tablespoon of honey, an egg, and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. You can double or half the recipe, depending on your hair length and volume. Leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes before rinsing.
- Cinnamon and coconut oil: Hair length is a big concern these days. Try this cinnamon-based hair oil/mask – the anti-microbial spice arouses blood circulation and promotes hair growth. Mix equal parts of both cinnamon powder and coconut oil well. Apply the mask onto your roots and lengths, and caress it into your scalp. Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes and wash. Aim to do this mask at least once a week.
- Egg white and lemon: If you are prone to greasy hair. Hold just the whites, which have protein catalysts that help remove excess oil from your scalp and lemon nourishes the roots. Combine one egg white with half a cup of lemon juice, lather over hair from roots to ends, and leave on for 30 minutes to an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Avocado, egg, and olive oil: Your hair can get damaged from a variety of sources like styling tools, pollution, etc. An olive oil and avocado mask is tied full of omega-3 fatty acids this treatment provides the ultimate health and shine for your hair. Combine half of an avocado, one egg, tablespoon olive oil, and half a cup of honey. Apply on wet hair and let sit for 1-2 hours and rinse with cold water for better results.
- Sugar and olive oil: Dandruff is a big deal. This exfoliating treatment helps remove dandruff and (bonus!) works as a great facial scrub. Mix two teaspoons of raw olive oil and sugar and massage onto the scalp. Olive oil smoothens the hair and sugar breaks down to glycolic acid, which dissolves dead skin cells and moisturizes.
Well, not again. You don’t have to run to the store or add yet another hair product to your online cart, but let’s be real-most of the products are too expensive to use as frequently. Now you have them all the comfort of your home.