Facebook’s Instagram has rolled out a new feature ‘Recently Deleted’ to its app menu that lets users to recover deleted posts from their profiles or archives. The feature is being rolled out to both Android phones and iPhones in a staged manner, so not everyone can access this feature just yet.
According to Instagram blog post this feature allows users to recover posts including photos, reels, IGTV videos, and stories that you choose to delete from your feed will be moved to the Recently Deleted folder so that you can access your deleted posts later.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Posts?
Here is the step-by-step guide to recover your deleted Instagram posts.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to your profile section.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner and head to settings.
- Click on the Account option, now you’ll find a ‘Recently Deleted’ section.
- Go to the option, it will display your recently deleted content on the screen.
- Now open the post you would like to recover and then tap the three dot icon at the top.
- Now you can either prefer to permanently delete the post or recover it. Tap Restore to recover your deleted post.
- While recovering, firstly you have to verify that it’s you for security reasons. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered email ID or phone number.
- Enter the code and tap Confirm.
- Your deleted Instagram post will be restored.
Note: Deleted stories that are not in your archive will stay in the folder for up to 24 hours. Everything else will be automatically deleted 30 days later. During those 30 days, you can access your deleted content by using above step-by-step guide.
- Facebook’s “Vanish Mode” on Messenger and Instagram Makes Chats Self-Destruct with a Swipe
- Facebook introduced Cross-Platform Messaging between Instagram DM and Messenger