Government Guidelines: We all know that the exams for the final years students in the country are not yet conducted due to the pandemic. The decision over conducting the exams has been postponed and finally, after a long wait, the Supreme Court announced that the states cannot promote its final year students without conducting the exams.
So the government has also issued guidelines to be followed by the universities or the Educational institutions to avoid the spread of COVID-19. It has also been mentioned that only those centers outside the containment zone will be allowed to function.
So the general preventive measures which are to be followed by everyone include:
- Maintaining at least 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Using face masks/cover, use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers and frequently washing the hands.
- Everyone will be asked to install the Arogya Setu app and must use it.
There are special guidelines been issued for the Educational Institutions/Universities regarding the
- Planning of examinations
- Transportation to and from the examination center
- Entry and exit to the examination center
- Special precautions for high-risk individuals
- Movement within the examination center (seating arrangement and conducting the exams)
- Sanitation and Hygiene and
- SOP’s to be followed if any suspect case is found.
These guidelines which have been issued by the government are quite reasonable and are designed in such a manner that all the students and staff can follow.
Taking preventive measures like setting up an isolation room for anyone who is found symptomatic or ensuring enough entry and exit points to the center to avoid overcrowding can help in smooth conduction of the examination but only if everyone follows the guidelines properly.
So hoping that every student attending the examination and the staff conducting them follows these norms and avoid the spread of the virus.
Do let us know about your thoughts over the new guidelines issued by the government or any additional things to be added over to the list.
Also Read :