There are high chances that you are here to learn and begin blogging as a career with no mistakes and setting the right foot, or else to track your blog performance so far as a beginner in the blogging world? If you are here for these reasons, then you have landed on the right article.
This article is dedicated to all the new bloggers, entrepreneurs and small businesses owners out there who want to learn ‘what not to do’ from experienced bloggers who made a mistake or two when they started off. So, let’s get started with the topic.
Here are the six blogging mistakes that new bloggers make:
1. Blogging on a free website: Nobody wants to invest in something they do not trust. But starting off with investing a little amount can give profitable outcomes in the long run. Free websites like WordPress.com, Wix.com are good hosts but limited for earning revenue from your blog posts, as these websites do not allow you to run ads on your blog page.
Instead, buying a domain name of your choice will give your blogs a unique and identifiable status that will help you a lot in the long run. You can generate revenue by displaying ads or even ads for selling your own products and services to your loyal readers. Unlearn the preconceptions of hosting a website on your own start investing in the right one.
2. Website design: Many new bloggers feared of investing money, and they might feel what if they fail? Look if you want to earn money from your blog and turn it into a business, you need to invest. The first form of investment starts with your domain, hosting and website designing, cause website is the only thing which connects you with your audience. You need to design and develop it in such a way that your visitor should easily access and browse.
If you are not familiar with coding to design and develop your own blogging website, there are many free Content Management Systems (CMS) like WordPress.org, Drupal, Joomla and ModX etc., where you can create beautiful and responsive websites by using these CMS platforms without coding (Note: You need to have a relevant experience in these CMS platforms to develop a glitch free blogging website).
We recommend using WordPress.org because it is open source has vast support for many themes, plugins and it’s a user-friendly platform for bloggers as it is blogging enabled CMS. Even we used WordPress.org for designing and developing this website, if you need any assistance for designing your website please contact us, will help you out.
3. Know your audience: Most people write and post blogs of their own choice. But they never put in efforts to learn what their audience wants to read. Sometimes the new bloggers go off-track with their blogs and do not understand their audience’s needs. Engrave this “Your reader is your God”. Try to connect with your audience and write for them if you want to build a loyal reader-base. You can use different social media platforms to connect with them and understand their problems and needs and create your blog inclusive of them.
4. Clear and well-defined content strategy: This is a blunder that newcomers of the blogging world make as their excitement for blogging is at its peak. You must know what, why, when and how to post. A clear content strategy involves both timely and timeless blogs and the right answer to all these questions. Understand the importance of a content strategy for a website now and go make one for yours.
5. SEO the underrated weapon: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the answer to your question of less traffic on your blogs. Even if you are writing blogs with a lot of valuable content but you have a small reader-base. This is because your blogs are not much visible to your dream audience. SEO solves this, you need to learn and make guidelines for the necessary keywords in your blogs to generate traffic. Trust us, SEO works wonders only if you know how to make the most of it.
6. Consistency is the key and you are the key maker: If you choose to be lazy and post blogs irregularly then you can never develop an audience you wish for. You need to understand how important being consistent in the blogging world is. Consistency makes an impression on your audience that you are updated and you care about your audience.
Being consistent does not mean you have to blog daily. Set time intervals for yourself and follow it. Post twice a week but be consistent with this. You can learn how to make content calendars and content batches for your blogging website to always keep you moving forward step by step to your goals and remain consistent throughout the journey.
Bonus tip: There is a sea of tools out there which can help you overcome these mistakes. You just need to set out on a sail and explore the right ones.
Most of the resources are available for free, if you know about them. Now that you have learnt these common mistakes and unlearnt the preconceptions, go develop a blogging website and slay your blogging goals.
Leave a Reply