As the second wave of Corona Virus has hit us, we are constantly looking for food recipes online that are yummy and can improve our health. Here we present to you a famous veg local salad recipe from Thailand, Som Tam Salad.
To lure you more into trying out this recipe, here’s a fun fact about Som Tam Salad – It has been ranked 46th on World’s 50 most delicious foods compiled by CNN Go in 2011 and 2018.
2020 Lockdown is known for Dalgona Coffee. Let’s make 2021 be ruled by Som Tam Salad. You don’t want to miss this. So let’s get started.
Som Tam Salad
- 1 Raw (unripe) Papaya
- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 Carrots
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice (According to your taste)
- 1tbsp Honey (optional)
- 1tsp Soya Sauce (optional)
- 1tsp Vinegar (optional)
- Roasted Sesame Seeds (For Garnishing)
- Roasted Peanuts (For Garnishing)
- Chaat Masala (According to taste)
- Black Salt (According to taste)
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
1. Peel off the raw papaya, cucumber and carrot and cut in long slices.
2. Add lemon juice and black salt according to your taste.
3. Add chaat masala and optional ingredients according to your preference and mix everything well.
4. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and crushed roasted peanuts.
Somtum salad is ready to be served.
Pro Tip: As it is summer season, put all the slices in a bowl full of water and add ice cubes and leave it for 15 minutes so the salad gets a cold, quenching flavor.
Pour the water out once the salad gets cold (P.S- Did you water your plants today?)