Remember the cartoon POPEYE (The Sailor Man) has taught me no matter how strong the other person is, never think you’re weak. You just need to push spinach for your stomach and you will become a HERO.
Yes, many of them know that SPINACH has very effective treatment in making our health strong. Nothing is more considered has more healthy than a green leafy Vegetables which has more anti-oxidants and loaded with nutrients.
It has an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and plant compounds which help us stay fit and healthy.
|Nutritional Info (One cup of raw spinach contains)|
Spinach also contains vitamin k, fiber, phosphorus and thiamine. Most of the calories in spinach come from protein and carbohydrates.
IRON: Spinach has an excellent source is this essential mineral. Iron helps to create hemoglobin, which is an excellent source for decreased Red Blood Cells (RBC) which brings oxygen to our body tissues. It is quite effective for women who are menstruating.
CALCIUM: This mineral helps in our bone health, muscle building, low vitamin D and most importantly heart health.
FIBER: It has an insoluble fiber, which may boost your health in several ways. This helps to relieve the constipation and acts as a laxative (stool softener).
CARBS: Spinach also contains paltry amounts of sugar in the form of fructose and glucose.
- VITAMIN A: Spinach is high in carotenoids, which turns into vitamin A and improves your eye health.
- VITAMIN C: This vitamin is the best anti-oxidant and promotes the healthy skin and immune system.
- VITAMIN K1: This vitamin is essential for blood clotting.
FOLIC ACID: Also known as folate or vitamin B9, this plays an important role in pregnant women for the baby growth of tissue and normal cellular functions.
MAGNESIUM: Spinach is also one of the best source of dietary magnesium, which is necessary for muscle and nerve function, regular heart rhythm, and maintaining blood pressure in our body.
Some of the greatest Nutritional Benefits of spinach are as follows:-
1. Improves digestion.
2. Nourishes the eyes.
3. Prevents cancer.
4. Helps to create Red blood cells.
5. Helps in cognitive function.
6. Strengthening the cardiovascular system.
7. Strengthen bones.
8. Gives you healthy hair and skin.
9. Lower’s high blood pressure.
10. Helps in weight loss.
11. Effective food in PREGNANCY.
12. Relieves stress.
Spinach are rich in plant compounds which have more potency to give us an efficacious health. Some of the compounds are to be known:-
- LEUTEIN & ZEAXANTHIN – improves the eye vision and prevents eyesight.
- NITRATES – Spinach contains an exorbitant amount of nitrates, which promotes a healthy heart.
- KAEMPFEROL – An excellent anti-oxidant which prevents from cancer and chronic diseases.
1. May increase your kidney stones if too much consumption.
2. Interferes with blood thinners like warfarin. Because it contains high vitamin k, which reduces the effectiveness of blood thinners and also it is an important factor of blood clotting.
3. May aggravate symptoms of GOUT – High purine content of spinach may aggravate gouty arthritis and lead to joint pain, swelling, and inflammation.
4. *Allergic reaction: This leafy vegetable contains histamine that may trigger a minor pseudo-allergic effect or an allergic reaction in some people.
OUR FIRST WEALTH IS OUR HEALTH. So, please never mind adding a cup of spinach in your daily life if you are fit and healthy. Make sure consumption is minimal. But don’t mind adding up the boiled spinach for a healthy lifestyle. Eat now and thank me later.
Leave a Reply