Tofu is made from soybeans milk extraction which is curdled and pressed into square blocks that look exactly like paneer ( Indian dairy ). It also contains nigari, which is the liquid leftover after extracting salt from seawater, which you can find on the layer of tofu.
Nigari helps to give tofu its shape and soft texture, and it also contains some minerals like magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sulfate, calcium chloride. It’s a Chinese and Japanese cuisine which had been traditionally originated 1000 years back.
How it Promotes Weight Loss?
Tofu is an excellent food source for balancing your weight as it’s rich in protein, which can help your tummy to stay fuller for longer. It can be eaten for breakfast to have good effects on your weight loss journey.
Regular consumption of tofu helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, by reducing bad cholesterol levels and triglycerides.
It prevents obesity and helps to lose weight, as it is extremely low in cholesterol and fat content and rich in protein.
A good option for vegans because it’s a plant based source for a healthy lifestyle. Eating steamed tofu, tofu salad, stir fry tofu for breakfast doesn’t increase early satiety.
Nutritional Benefits of Tofu:-
1. Consuming 200 gms of tofu in a week can reduce the risk of diabetes .
2. Increases collagen and improves the elasticity of skin and tones your facial muscles.
3. Tofu contains lecithin that aids in the production of phospholipids which can help promote better cognitive health and prevent degenerative diseases ( Alzheimer’s disease ).
4. It has an excellent probiotic effect. Tofu is best fermented before produced and promotes good gut bacteria which helps to relieve constipation.
5. It is good for growing children has it contains zinc, iron, protein, and calcium which helps in strong bone health and prevents osteoporosis in the elderly.
6. It has anti-oxidant properties that protect against oxidative stress and also promote a healthy immune system.
7. It has cancer-protective properties and can consume freshly steamed tofu while on chemotherapy in little amounts.
8. Detoxifies the liver and whole body. Good for digestive health and obesity.
*Downside of tofu*:- Excessive intake of tofu could increase the risk of breast cancer. And also Processed tofu, cheese, and other processed foods can more likely cause tumors than unprocessed foods. People who are allergic to soy and soy products shouldn’t consume tofu, which causes serious illness.
TASTELESS CUBES ARE STEEPED INTO A SOUP , AND NUTRIENTS ARE ADDED IN A LOOP .