What’s a perfect weekend like? When you watch movies with your loved ones or just try to take some relaxation alone. A great movie can set your weekend amazing.
Movies, one thing that is making our lockdown, rather life a lot more easy and entertaining. Hollywood is that sea of fishes rather than movies, coming in from time to time.
Some movies make a mark, some don’t. Underrated is something that hasn’t caught the eyes of critics and as well as audience. The movie wasn’t promoted well for the audience. Feel good movies, these are the ones away from popular cast but they give you a sense of calamity even after not being popular. If I start with the list, it is endless, but just to name a few feel good movies that are underrated yet deserve all our love and recognition, appreciation.
1) Gifted: A 2017 movie, starring Chris Evans and McKenna Grace and directed by Marc Webb. The story and plot are very simple but what made it so different was the way the characters played their part. It was a story about a genius kid (Grace) and who her uncle (Evans) is taking care of, raised by a single male person. When Grace says “He’s a good person, he wanted me before I was smart” touches our heart. Even when her mom came for custody, he did not give in. This heart touching movie kept us emotional all throughout.
2) Before Trilogy: The Before trilogy comprises three parts – Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Midnight Sun. Directed by Richard Linker, it has Julie Delpy as Celine and Ethan Hawke as Jesse
What comes to your mind when you think of a perfect date? I am sure that a random conversation between two strangers will make you fall in love and then further in the upcoming movies; you learn about aged relationships, life lessons. The trilogy is a masterpiece. Before Sunset is the best because it acts as a bridge between the first and the third. The three movies are like roller coasters. Before sunrise embodies the electricity of love and romance, leaving the audience hopeful that Celine and Jesse. While Before Sunset explores the realities of aged relationships and the boundaries and commitment to it. Before Sunset, the last one is the apex filled with love where these two people were offered a chance and they took it. Those kinds of moments cannot be eternally sustained in the same way, though, which is why they are so enjoyable and unique. It will be one of your favourite romances.
3) About Time : Directed by Richard Curtis, About Time is a romantic comedy about the vicissitudes of life and love. It’s witty, clever, intelligent and hilarious. It is also a movie in depth. Dom Gleeson plays the role of Tim who realises that he carries that family tradition and can go back in time, which he wishes to use for his academics, and then he falls in love with Mary played by Rachel McAdams. Movie keeps telling us to live your life like you had come back after living it for the first time. Tim Lake in his last line where is talking about what he has learnt from his travels in time is so meaningful.
I now don’t travel back at all. Not even for the day. I just try to live every day as if I’ve deliberately come back to this one day to enjoy it as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life. This line stays in our heart
4) Begin Again– Directed by John Carney, Greta was played by Keira Knightley and Mark Rufallo was in the role of Dan
Two emotionally troubled protagonists help each other navigate through life. This movie moves you from a simple find to excellent acting. Park is a music composer who discovers a new talent in Knightley’s character.
Together, they begin a journey towards self-discovery. Original title of the film was “Can a song save your life?” I would say ‘Yes’. Song can definitely save a life. This movie defines it all.
5) Liberal Arts : Directed by Josh Radnor, it’s a drama/comedy movie. Story revolves around a college advisor who gets involved with his student when he returns to his favourite professor’s retirement party. This comedy drama films are just full of dialogues that will make your mind linger.
It’s a coming of age story about very unlikely romance but sure will surprise you positively.
The list is endless with watching a feel good movie but why not give a start by watching one of these or maybe all. It will set your quarreling mind very relaxed.
Leave a Reply