Stuck with too many options at the market! Wondering which one is the best? The best is always in your own kitchen.
Protein is certainly called the building blocks of our body. Protein plays a vital role.
- Transporting molecules throughout the body
- Helping repair cells and make new ones
- Protect the body against viruses and bacteria
- Encourage good growth and proliferation of cells
Shortly after exercising, a high-quality protein serving (e.g. glass of milk or yoghurt tub) with a carbohydrate meal is advised to assist keep your body’s protein balance.
Make protein powder or protein shake at your home with your favourite nuts and in your own style. Here are a few recipes you can try at your own kitchen with just a handful of ingredients.
Let’s jump into the recipe of protein powder:
- 25g of Peanuts
- 25g of almonds
- 25g of pumpkin seeds
- 25g of soybeans
- 25g Rolled oats
- 25g Milk Powder
- 1 TBsp Chia seeds
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately.
- Once done, let them cool completely.
- Mix them and pour all of it in the blender. Make it into a fine powder. If it’s mushy, then it has not cooled down completely.
- Add milk powder into the blender. Mix well and give it a quick blend.
- Fish out the underground nuts and store the powder in an airtight container. This stays fresh for at least 10 days at room temperature.
You can have this
- as a protein bar
- as a protein shake
- by blending it into smoothies
- as a protein pudding
Protein drinks perform wonderfully when it comes to decreasing your appetite after training and gaining lean muscle. These DIY protein smoothies come in a superior flavor with natural components than commercial protein powders.
Chocolate Protein Shake
Who does not like chocolate? Who does not? Let us add some healthy, yet delicious, chocolate.
This shake, not too sweet, is excellent for all amateurs of chocolate. This includes the components.
- 1 chopped apple,
- 1 tbsp. Almond butter,
- 1 tbsp. grated dark chocolate,
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa powder,
- 1 cup milk,
- ½ cup yoghurt,
- 2 pitted dates
Toss everything into a blender and mix until smooth. Pour it in a glass and garnish it with grated dark chocolate.
Sattu protein shake ((Protein–16.65 g)
Roast gram-flour protein powder. It may be produced at home or purchased from an Indian supermarket or from any local Indian supermarket. It supplies energy and is one of the greatest protein sources.
- 4 tablespoons sattu powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
Mix up sattu, salt, cumin powder, rust and cilantro chopped.
Stir in the full cup of water slowly. Ensure that no lumps are present.
Pour into a glass, add lime juice and add the last mix before you consume it.
Blueberry banana smoothie
Blueberry is full of antioxidants and vitamin C, a major complement to the almond butter and the Greek protein drink.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Puree all ingredients into a mixer
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Many taste-enhancers and artificial preservatives that are added in these commercially available protein shakes and bars, which are, of course, not good for our health. Try out these homemade protein powder or shakes in your kitchen.
Stay healthy and happy
You can also refer to the article on what is the right time to have protein.
Leave a Reply