Badam Milk is a very healthy and refreshing drink, we Indians are blessed with. It needs some patience to make this recipe at home.
There is a difference between homemade and store bought Badam Milk.
Make it at home and feel the difference. I bet you will definitely get addicted to the taste once if you make this at home this way.
Let’s get started.
Ingredients For Badam Milk:
- Full fat milk – 400 ml
- Almonds – ¼ cup or 40 gms approx.
- Jaggery – ¼ cup (must be equal to the quantity of almonds taken)
- Now start by heating milk in a heavy-bottomed kadhai. Bring it to a boil, after reaching boiling point, add cardamom powder and saffron to it, and boil the milk till color changes.
- Meanwhile, prepare almond paste by adding ¼ cup almond and 3 tbsp milk into a mixie jar, blend into a smooth paste. Add the almond paste when the milk has slightly changed color, mix well and let it boil till the milk thickens.
- After the milk has thickened and turned golden yellow, add jaggery mix well until it dissolves. That’s it switches off the flame and serve. You can either have it warm or chilled.
Many people only add either saffron or cardamom. But I would suggest adding both of the ingredients, as saffron gives an excellent color and cardamom enhances the flavor.
Credits : Jhansi Praveen
Leave a Reply