People with hypertension or high blood pressure should follow a diet and exercise to lower blood pressure.
Allopathic medications are also good enough to control your BP with minimal side effects whereas diet can help you throughout life.
8 foods that help you to control blood pressure
1. Sweet potatoes:- It is rich in magnesium and potassium, which helps lower and control blood pressure. Sweet potatoes have many other nutritious properties as well, they’re high in fiber and low in sodium and fat. It can be steamed with spinach to eat without any salt or sweet toppings.
2.Beets:- Beets contain naturally high levels of nitrates, which your digestive system converts into nitric oxide. This compound relaxes and widens blood vessels, which, in turn, lowers blood pressure. Raw beetroot juice is very healthy and also found to be effective in treating high blood pressure.
3. Spinach:- Like beets, spinach is high in nitrates. It’s also low in calories, high in fiber, and loaded with healthy antioxidants, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, making it more beneficial for heart health and helps in lowering blood pressure.
4. Bananas:- Banana is the storage house for potassium. As you all know potassium is the key mineral that helps in lowering high blood pressure. Eating one banana a day can reduce your high blood pressure.
5. Pomegranates:- Pomegranates are believed to reduce blood pressure through reducing levels of Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE). ACE is a protein that plays an important role in controlling blood pressure through controlling the size of blood vessels in the body. In fact, if you are having hypertension you are prescribed to take allopathic medications which are none but ACE inhibitors. *Way to go with natural foods*.
6. Broccoli:- This veggie has a good source of magnesium, potassium, and calcium which helps in the regulation of lowering high blood pressure. And prevent heart stroke and any cardiovascular diseases.
7. Watermelon:- Watermelon contains an amino acid called citrulline, which may help to manage high blood pressure. Citrulline helps the body to produce nitric oxide, a gas that relaxes blood vessels and encourages flexibility in arteries. These effects aid the flow of blood, which can lower high blood pressure.
8.Strawberries: strawberries are a rich source of vitamin C and heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids. The juicy fruit is also loaded with potassium that helps keep blood pressure levels stable.