The meaning of detox is eliminating or getting rid of the toxic substances from your body. The cleaning of your body from the inside is needed as much as it does for the outer body, your house and its surroundings. Read the full article to know the meaning of detox and simple ways to detox your body at home.
We have grown up hearing this saying- “A Healthy mind lives in a healthy body” but is your body a healthy abode to your mind in reality? If not, then how to rejuvenate your body?
We are often stressed and overwhelmed with our surroundings, which severely affects our lifestyle. Our eating and sleeping habits lead us to an unfit body and an unhealthy mind. But it is never too late to get on the right foot for a healthy life. The solution is detoxification.
Here are 5 simple ways to detox your body at home.
- A glass of fresh lemon squeezed in warm water: There is no better way to start your day than to drink a glass of fresh lemon squeezed in warm water, first thing in the morning. It is one of the simplest methods to give a healthy kick start to your day within minutes. The heavenly mix of these two works wonders by removing toxic substances from your body. This drink also contributes to improving the metabolism of your body. In a matter of 30 days, you can notice a huge change in your mindset as well as your body.
- A cup of green tea: This way comes second to lemon juice in terms of energy required and time taken for the detox. Switch from your caffeinated drinks to green tea in your schedule and see how it takes you on a healthy ride. Green tea detoxes your body organically and gets your system rid from toxic substances. There are several renowned companies that offer a wide range of green tea. Pick one and start enhancing your lifestyle.
- Meet water requirements of your body and limit alcohol: Uncontrolled intake of alcohol can be dangerous for your liver as it can lead to fat buildup, inflammation and scarring. It affects the functioning of removing toxic substances from your body. Try decreasing your alcohol intake and switch to water. Many people forget this basic need of their body. But technology has come to the rescue. Download reminder applications on your devices and set a goal of drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Eat Clean, Eat Green: Works on your detoxification organically by having bowls of greens as your meals. The most eminent way through which toxins enter your body is your consumption of unhealthy and junk food. Replace at least one of your processed meals of the day with fruits and salads. Reduce the burden on your digestive system and meet the fiber requirements of your body by eating fruits and salads. This is the perfect detox diet for your detox journey. Take a break from your 3-meal routine and try fasting with this perfect detox diet.
- Detox by exercising: Exercising not only keeps you fit and in shape but also removes plenty of toxins from your body. Exercising causes sweating, which is a medium for your body to eliminate the unhealthy substances. No need to perform heavy workouts, a walk in nature can help in detoxing both your mind and body.
We highly recommend our readers to inculcate these healthy habits in their lives for a healthy mind and body. All these ways look easy but always remember the key for a proper detox lies in consistency. Do not forget to have a digital detox too once a week.